October 07, 2007

Give Thanks To God!






My computer failed me.

How? I just switched on my computer one fine day(I forgot when was it) and I was online, then after a few moments, I went offline! After that, I tried several ways to get myself online again. I switched off the main switch of my modem and on again. I expected it to get my computer connected once again and yup, I'm online, but not for long. I got offline again. At that point of time, I really got frustrated with it. I keep trying to get the computer connected but each time I try to, it fails me. I tried doing the trick again and again, I knew I was doing the same thing over and over again but still resulting in failure. That connection breakdown stopped me from doing my work.

However, that did not stopped me from solving the problem. So I called Starhub for help. They gave me instructions on what to do... clicking on start, run, typing in cmd and pinging sites. Then they said that I'm connected. "I still couldn't surf the net!" I told them. Then they replied saying that my modem is okay. I'm connected... no problem with Starhub. I called them several times. Every single call was an failure. I am still unable to surf the net! So finally, I found out that the problem is my computer. I keep trying and failing, trying and failing.

I GAVE UP and I went to sleep.

The next day, I called the NEC customer service for help, they told me what to do and everything's back to normal again. The solution was to click on a Smart Restore program and it restores the settings to the previous state. The solution was only just a click away but I went through all the frustration and "pek chek"ness all the while trying to solve it.

After all these, I started thinking and realised that this thing called a computer can fail me. It failed me. Even when I first bought this computer, I thought of "what if this computer fails me? What am I going to do?" I did not think much at first and now, it happens. [Praise God!]

I realised I depended on internet. I thought that without internet is a very torturing thing. I am unable to do my things, unable to get things done, a lot of hindrance without internet. This is the punishment that God gave to me. I depended on internet. I started then to know more about dependancy and reliance.

Who or what are YOU depending on? Who or what are YOU relying on?
I chose to depend on my computer, taking it for granted. I got punished.
How about you? Are you taking something for granted? Are you thankful for it?

What I know is God never fails me.
I give thanks for what I have now.

Thank You God.